Cooked for the Brookings who came round for dinner last night. Very straight forward.
|Pastry made and pricked|
|Filled almost to the brim|
|After cooking, around 45min @180|
|Cooled and served|
Notes for next time
- Warming the milk before adding to the pastry is very useful
- Mixing the pastry in the kitchenaid worked well, all stuck to the beater when combined
- Chilled the pastry overnight in the fridge, took out of the fridge and left at room temperature an hour or two before using, and it was no problem to roll out
- Pistachios left whole, assumed this was correct and seemed to give the right effect - variety of taste, rather than just flavouring
- Added slightly more fruit than stated, but with the filling it was very full!
- The mixture rose, but settled when cooling to match the height of the pastry
- Fruit rose to the top when cooking, leaving a layer of filling below